1) I have mostly finished pimping my ride, Ira's sex change is mostly complete. I brought home my brand new gorgeous pink and sparkly darling tonight, she is ready to ride. I'm so thrilled. It's all I can do not to jump up and down and squeal like a girl every time I look at it.

Here is Ira before...Blue, white, ordinary...
and here is Her Pinkness, Irene. Isn't she lovely? 
Trust me when I say she is a real looker
in person. All the other kids will be jealous.
Here are some details:

The next thing will be to build new wheels - that's a project I intend to take up soon (with more Dave help). These Mavics are pretty heavy, but they do the job.
I still have to replace the badge on the head tube, and I have in mind to have some vintage Schwinn decals made up. And I need to put the bell on (thanks, Geek Girl!).
2) I got up at 5 this morning to go Run for the Zoo. That's two mornings in a row I've had to roll out of bed at 5-ish to go train. Yesterday morning I met a group for a ride at the hateful hour of 6:30 in the morning. Nobody gets up to go ride at 6:30. It's too fucking cold.
Luckily, the race start line is not far from the house, so we had but to roll out of bed and walk to the start and walk home afterward. A pretty good deal, I must say.
Beloved and I did the 10K. I'm pleased to report that I finished it with no knee pain, and with a fairly respectable pace (just under 9 minute miles). Yay me! My lower legs are a bit sore below the calves, but otherwise I seem to be OK. I'm thrilled!
Stupid race was chip timed, but with no start mat. This means that the chip start was when the gun went off - though it took me a good 20 seconds of running before I actually crossed the start line (I put myself right between the 8 and 9 minute pace groups). Beloved had a pretty awesome race, he ran at a 7:06 pace.
3) Beloved and I both won the lottery for La Luz! I guess we know what we'll be doing in early August...and in fact, all the Thursdays between now and then (La Luz training)...
4) I am really tired. I can't remember what 4 was.
Oh yeah. Stupid CW-X Sport Support bra is truly not so great. Maybe it's great for lesser women, but not for me. And maybe there are other CW-X Bras that would work better.
This one is not enough for me.

Trust me when I say she is a real looker
in person. All the other kids will be jealous.Here are some details:
- The original Schwinn GLX Supersport frame has been powder coated in two coats: pink and silver glitter.
- I decided to keep the fork in its original state, with the carbon weave showing through. It's always been my favourite part of the bike anyway.

- All original componentry has remained unchanged - it's mostly Shimano 105, with a few Ultegra pieces here and there (Pedals, Chain Ring, cranks). Cateye Astrale 8 computer is the same.
- Bontrager Zebra bar tape (couldn't lay hands on the Cinelli)
- New Specialized Jett saddle (courtesy of Geek Girl's Bike Garage)
- New Origin 8 Carbon Bottle Cages, silver and black.
- Plus an assortment of new bits and pieces - new cable housings in matching colours, purple cable ends, new chain, etc.
The next thing will be to build new wheels - that's a project I intend to take up soon (with more Dave help). These Mavics are pretty heavy, but they do the job.
I still have to replace the badge on the head tube, and I have in mind to have some vintage Schwinn decals made up. And I need to put the bell on (thanks, Geek Girl!).
2) I got up at 5 this morning to go Run for the Zoo. That's two mornings in a row I've had to roll out of bed at 5-ish to go train. Yesterday morning I met a group for a ride at the hateful hour of 6:30 in the morning. Nobody gets up to go ride at 6:30. It's too fucking cold.
Luckily, the race start line is not far from the house, so we had but to roll out of bed and walk to the start and walk home afterward. A pretty good deal, I must say.
Beloved and I did the 10K. I'm pleased to report that I finished it with no knee pain, and with a fairly respectable pace (just under 9 minute miles). Yay me! My lower legs are a bit sore below the calves, but otherwise I seem to be OK. I'm thrilled!
Stupid race was chip timed, but with no start mat. This means that the chip start was when the gun went off - though it took me a good 20 seconds of running before I actually crossed the start line (I put myself right between the 8 and 9 minute pace groups). Beloved had a pretty awesome race, he ran at a 7:06 pace.
3) Beloved and I both won the lottery for La Luz! I guess we know what we'll be doing in early August...and in fact, all the Thursdays between now and then (La Luz training)...
4) I am really tired. I can't remember what 4 was.
Oh yeah. Stupid CW-X Sport Support bra is truly not so great. Maybe it's great for lesser women, but not for me. And maybe there are other CW-X Bras that would work better.
This one is not enough for me.

12 comments:
The road will be flattered to have that pretty pink bike using it - really!
irene is pretty darned good looking. i think i'm going to be stealing that zebra bar tape for barbie, she'd look good in it!
great job on the run and getting into la luz, that looks... um, hard. but its mostly trail which i love. 12% grade? wow!
Yeah, I found out that it's city ordinance in the Burque - you have to have a bell on your bike. Pistachio has a matching one. Enjoy!
I saw a pink bike at IMAZ, Hillary Biscay I believe, it is an eye catcher for sure.
Irene looks absolutely wonderful!
if peewee herman had a fit piece-o-hunnee, you'd be it!
now if you describe those handle bars over here, you'd have to say zehbra.
Nice choice regarding the carbon. Makes it much hottter! do not cover up carbon! :)
Irene looks awesome! Man, I'd be riding that thing everywhere - even in the house. So cool.
Congrats on your race performance -sounds like you kicked it.
Getting up early on the weekends bites. You know about my Sunday. And I was up at 4:30 am on Saturday to run but I got to go back to bed so I don't count that. Can't they just add a couple of hours to Saturday and Sunday so we can sleep in and still get our training in?
bubble gum bike :)
That is the hottest bike ever. My monitor melted.
Our CO relay team name is "Puke and Rally" - what's yours???
We run right by Stronger's house, you know....
Jenny
I can hunt you down some pink bartape :)
I'd go with the zebra tape, myself
Post a Comment