Monday, April 07, 2008

Six Word Meme Blog Excuse

Moi tagged me.

Here is the history on the tag - it's very interesting, and appropriately Moi literary:

The Six-Words Meme was originally started by Smith Magazine. Legend has it that Hemingway was once challenged to write a story in only six words. His response? “For sale: baby shoes, never worn.” Last year, SMITH Magazine re-ignited the recountre by asking our readers for their own six-word memoirs. They sent in short life stories in droves, from the bittersweet (“Cursed with cancer, blessed with friends”) and poignant (“I still make coffee for two”) to the inspirational (“Business school? Bah! Pop music? Hurrah”) and hilarious (“I like big butts, can’t lie”).

It's almost as fun as Haiku posting!

Thank Gawd Moi tagged me, as I have not blobbed in forEvah, between work weirdness and heavy training, and shoehorning family time in, my brain is empty at the end of the day - and I still get up at crazy o'clock to train. I have much to blob about...if only I could wake my tired butt up.

Pirate training doesn't allow enough sleep.

I know - rest is like, the 4th discipline. Or should be. But I've been a little stressed and busy lately - so it's been tough. Last week was a strength and power building sort of week, so I did 2 of everything. I rode with SW Tri Gal and Mo last Saturday, my objective was to do a flat fast 40. A Lady Outlaw ride. No big deal, right? Except I've been loading up with the Spin Class of Satan - which means, evidently, I have some power where I didn't used to. I gave chase to a group of boys - and passed them! And then they passed me. And then I passed them again! That Saturday ride inspires all kinds of six-word stories:

That did not happen last year.

My ovaries were matching the testicles.
There may have been a tailwind.

Oh my Gawd, it felt awesome!


See? this six word meme thing is fun!

This past Saturday was another epic ride followed by a big run - with some lady outlaws and some not-so-lady outlaws. I have Iron Horse dead ahead scaring the crap out of me - so I took Irene out for her first ride outside on her new wheels (the ones I built). I was very worried about taking an aluminum frame road bike out on such a long journey- she's heavy, and she doesn't put me in the optimal tri position - so she's just more work.

She's high maintenance, is my Irene.

But if I'm taking her to Iron Horse (she has the triple), I better get comfy. Plus, I figured if nothing else, riding her would be like weight training on the bike - 700 c wheels with the exact same gearing as Suzy the Tri Bike (who has 650c wheels) means she's harder to push around - AND she's 5lb heavier.

Weight training on a pink bike.

We did 63 (of the planned 60) miles including some hill repeats at Jemez Dam. Yes. Hill repeats.

One ride up will never suffice.

I am shocked to say she's a happy, firm, stable ride, and I was able to run my 6 miles afterward.

It wasn't pretty, but it's done.


Yay me!

I'm watching and listening and checking in with all my peeps who are going for Iron today.

Success is mixed for my friends
I'm so proud of you guys!
You're already Iron, no matter what.


Sound really hot out there -- I'm thinking of you guys and hoping you're OK.

Meanwhile, I have to put out the lights and go to bed to get up and do it all over again at oh-my-God-30 tomorrow morning.

I tag 21st Century Mom, Geekgirl, Momo, Carrie, and Cindy. And SW Tri Gal. And skoshi - she can write!

* edit*
And Mo!

Here are the rules:
1) Write your own six word memoir.
2) Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like.
3) Link to the person that tagged you in your post, and to the original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere.
4) Tag at least five more blogs with links.
5) Don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play.
6) Have fun.

My Meme's done, it's your turn!

3 comments:

moi said...

Very, very cool you be. Thanks for complying!

Unknown said...

Very nice, great success.
You gave me someplace for my mind to wander on my ride today, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Your memes are awesome!!

I have to say the ovaries/testicles one is my favorite ;)