Two hoursand
Thirty fast miles later
I confess
It felt good in my big gear
Where did that come from?
I pulled
smooth and even
I drafted
smooth and fast
It felt really good in my big gear
Where have you been?
No rain
just big dark clouds
I shake my finger at big dark clouds
Quiet and cool
Chickens clucking
Cows grazing
Dogs chasing
Go home dog
don't get lost
I sprint uphill
to the finish
I found my zone
Me and my heart
Lungs bursting
Air fading
Legs burning
Stars appearing
Me and my heart
It felt so good
in my big gear

5 comments:
There is nothing better than your lungs exploding while cranking in the big ring!
Good poem, the only line I don't like is the 'dogs chasing'. I hate when they chase me, it gives me panic attacks. :)
Your Mom really sold your bed? I gotta read that story!
Love the graphic!
Wow, that's as good as a song by Cake.
oh! oh! I know the one you mean - I love that tune!
Post a Comment