Off Season? I get an Off Season? What's that?
Srsly - it's like I don't really stop training anymore, it just sort of...changes colour. I do a little less biking outdoors, a lot more running, and
So one of my favourite off season training activities is Extreme Snoeshowing. Here is a picture of me completing my leg of the Quad last February, where I was at the peak of my Extreme Snowshoeing in the offseason. Did I mention I was racing at the time of this photo? Yes, I stopped during the race and posed for this picture.
We finished 4th of all the teams. By 13 seconds - which could have possibly been lost taking this picture. My off-season training this year will have to be a lot more serious than last year: this year we'll actually train for the event.
But I'm a well-rounded kinda gal, there's lots of other stuff I like to do during the offseason. I can't snowshoe without the white stuff, and cross training is key to fitness, you know.
Over here we have the last days of Balloon Fiesta going on, today was the last mass ascension of the festival. So this morning I engaged in some early off-season Extreme Nutrition: breakfast burrito, doughnut and funnel cake. Before you say "pooh pooh, I could do that in my sleep," you try eating a funnel cake and then go for a run an hour later. Get back to me and tell me how easy that is. I can tell you from today's workout, it takes a lot of heavy duty training to prepare yourself for that kind of effort, it ain't easy. I will have a busy off-season this year, perfecting my extreme nutrition techniques.I also like to engage in an activity I call Extreme Pikachu Wrestling. You can see one of the pikachus pictured here with her dad - she's got him in a half nelson in this picture, this was right before she took him down.
We have really tough training partners. They work us without notice - it's like we have to be ready to train all the time.
I also like to do a bit of Extreme Shopping from time to time. Here is Pikachu A showing her mama how to Get It Done at Target. I see promise in this one, she's very talented. Look at her riffle mommy's purse like a pro. Go Pikachu A!My favourite off-season activity, however, has to be Extreme Sleeping. Here's Pikachu A again, she's trying to de-train mommy. Like I said - tough training partners. She may look all cuddles and smiles, but she knows how to give her mama a real workout.

Wake mommy up when it's over. K?
So there's some of my off-season training plans for this year. Of course I'll probably keep doing all that other stuff I love, you know, the running, the biking, the swimming. Except with more clothes.
Remember: the off season is just like the on-season but with more laundry.

16 comments:
SUSHI HAT! I just ordered mine today. If it is not out of stock it may be the last Sushi hat on the planet - they aren't making them any more.
Good luck with the Pickachu training masters. Sounds like tought duty to me!
Extremem picachoo wrestling! Hilarious! More laundry! Oh so true!
Extreme Sports (and Pikachus) clearly rule!!!
P.S. I think you should consider adding the Pirate Week 10K run out Brent's way to your off season one year.
I have about a year to work off my bout of extreme nutrition throughout last month.
:-D
Extreme Nutrition, ha ha! Now there's a sport I would excel at.
"but with more laundry" - ha, ha!
Those are some great pictures! Thanks for the chuckle...these are my kind of off season training plans :)
BTW, that's a nice finish in the Quad, and it looks like you had fun. Good luck with the next one!
OMG – extreme snowshoeing is my absolute favorite off season activity. In fact, the shoe fund this winter is devoted entirely to a pair of Redfeathers.
All I can say is, pray for snow.
I would have posed for a picture too. That quad is some serious stuff!!
Hey, I have a picture of myself at the summit like that. Except that I'm sitting on the ground eating. And it's summer. Oh, and you forgot "extreme napping". and "extreme bitching about the cold" and "extreme watching other people do the quad with a thermos of coffee and Bailey's"
"Remember: the off season is just like the on-season but with more laundry."
ROFL- that is the nail on the head! And more cleaning, since I am around the house more to notice the dustbunnies getting ready to mutiny and take over!
Extreme nutrition--I like it! I think I'll take the off season all year around. Suits me :)
Ahh, that Quad looks brutal! I do love snow-shoeing though..
I'm all over that Extreme Nutrition. I think I'll make sure to incorporate it into my next ironman. Hmmm...I wonder how many funnel cakes I can fit in the bento.
I like the Extreme Sleeping. I'm also partial to Extreme Discovery Channel Watching. A recent discovery.
Holy COW, you're a hottie! (and, that's an awesome picture of you on the mountain).
Welcome to enter (wow gold) and (wow power leveling) trading site, (Rolex) are cheap, (World of Warcraft gold) credibility Very good! Quickly into the next single! Key words directly to the website click on transactions!Welcome to enter (wow gold) and (wow power leveling) trading site, (wow gold) are cheap, (wow power leveling) credibility Very good! Quickly into the next single! Key words directly to the website click on transactions!Welcome to enter (wow gold) and (wow power leveling) trading site, (wow gold) are cheap, (wow power leveling) credibility Very good! Quickly into the next single! Key words directly to the website click on transactions!
Post a Comment